Jan 25, 2011

Spoiler alert: the state of the union is strong

The always-sarcastic-but-in-that-cute-and-quirky-feminine-way Katherine Mangu-Ward over at Reason sums up my feelings on the SOTU:

Last year, 48 million viewers saw the speech, clocking in at about 20 percent of the U.S. adult population. That's nothing to be ashamed of. We should be happy that 80 percent of American adults found something better to do at 9 p.m. on a weekday than listen to a politician talk.

I happened to be one of those unfortunate 20 percent last year, but only because I was following along as Reason live-blogged it. And I did it again this year, too. I swear next year I’ll actually try to have some alcohol ready for the annual drinking game fun.

As for my reaction to the actual speech… see also.

No comments:

Post a Comment