Sep 8, 2010

It’s not lupus

I really enjoy House.

I like the puzzles, the detective-y angle, and the character drama masterfully woven into each episodic diagnostic plot. The dark humor of the show is always delicious and his witty comebacks and jabs are always delightful. (As it may not surprise the audience, I am also [was?] a big Scrubs fan, too.)

It is also refreshing to see such an unabashed reason-driven individual who is not ashamed to vocally support abortion, selfishness, and godlessness. Coming from someone like me endorsing him for that sounds cliché, but it’s not just because I tend to agree with his positions. I like seeing anything non-mainstream on primetime television.

And not to worry all you non-rationalists: the show tends not to take a firm position on anything, preferring to have his brutally rational ways butt heads with the rest of the cast who, naturally, make up the rest of the personality spectrum. It is actually part of the show’s charm. I actually prefer it this way. Otherwise, the show would just be preachy, and, even if I agree with it, I don’t like preachy.

I’ve almost finished watching season three. We’re slowly working our way through the DVDs. I don’t have cable, so I’m always (and happily) behind on all the shows.

Omake bonus: There was a brief period of about two months where my SO thought she might have lupus. Thankfully, it wasn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment